Tuesday, July 30, 2013

In the eye of the beholder

You see silhouetted unicorns, prancing merrily as the day is dawning.

Please tell me I'm not the only one who spots a pair of polite paws at the top left corner of this photograph. They're altogether distracting and lovely.

I see renegade 'corns, black as night with glowing eyes. As tall as a castle. Pawing at the barren earth and participating in horn-to-horn combat as night closes in.

They'll transition you out of the lavender maned, glittery hooved creatures of your childhood and catapult you into your angst-ridden teen years with the swish of their unkempt tail.

These aren't your little sister's unicorns.

4 comments:

  1. Unicorns will stab you with their horns!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is it in poor form that I actually like these?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's never in poor form to like a unicorn. Liking these just means you've got a "bad girl" streak in you. Or you just really have a thing for sunsets and silhouettes.

      Delete
  3. Let's go with bad girl...it makes me feel like I belong to the night frolicking with the shadows.

    ReplyDelete